There are so many things I love about Renegade Craft Fair:
- The amazing, attentive, and supportive staff that puts on Renegade throughout the country,
- The customers who come to meet the makers, ask questions, and purchase one of a kind items for themselves or for gifts, and
- The incredibly talented group of makers that continuously show up and create a welcoming environment for new artists and a community for veteran Renegade artists.
I started my business in 2014 and did my very first Renege Craft Fair for Holiday 2014. It was an incredible experience, and I met so many people who have helped me along the way. This last weekend, I passed my knowledge on to newer small businesses and was surprised at how much Renegade has become a community for me.
There are so many incredibly talented people at these shows, and I wanted to highlight a few of my favorites for the spring 2016 show:
In order from left to right, top to bottom:
- Elektra Steel // Hand Welded Objects // Bay Area
- Beast & Babe // Handmade Dog Leashes // Los Angeles
- Make It Good // Women's Apparel // Portland
- Leah Staley // Jewelry // Bay Area
- Ginger Caftan // Women's Apparel // Bay Area
- Allie Kushnir // Oil Portraits & Abstract Watercolors // Chicago
- Osei Duro // Women's Apparel // Los Angeles & Accra
- Salt & Pipper // Mixed Media & Pottery // Modesto
- 3rd Season Designs // Women's Apparel & Home Goods // Los Angeles
Renegade will be back in the summer, and I unfortunately will not be participating. However, I will hopefully participate in the Holiday 2016 show and see all my new and old friends there.